Sunday, February 7, 2010

Would black nail polish be suitable on black women?

I'm currently thinking if I should try on black nail polish, but I don't think it will be suitable on my dark skin.I like how other girls wears it, but there are mostly white girls and I don't want to wear it and people think i'm goth or something.I bought a NYC black nail polish a month ago, but I'm scared to wear it. I look on magazines and I notice that Janet Jackson is wearing it too, and it looks o good on hers nails, but when I try it on it looks ugly. Should I just look for another color and should I try it. Help!Would black nail polish be suitable on black women?
I am a young black girl and i do wear it.At first i thought it might not be the best next to my skin tone but it complements it well.So try it!If that doesn't work you can try another dark shade like a very deep purple nail polish.Would black nail polish be suitable on black women?
It depends a lot on the shade of your skin, as well. If you do it, make sure you don't use a lot of heavy makeup and try to make the rest of the outfit have a semi-sweet quality, not a 'punk' type look. If you use a clear gloss over it, it should help make them shiny, which will help. Stark-white polish is coming back, as well, if that still just doesn't look good. It actually has a similar effect!
what is this ';suitable';? if you wear pink or red lipstick is it suitable? will people think you are trying to be white?





No seriously, why should it matter? If you like it then it shouldn't matter. you are who you are...let your personality come out however you would like for it too. if it's ugly to you why wear it. you have to be comfortable. i never let what others think dictate who i am and my style or what i wear. it's just polish hun, that's why they created polish remover if you don't like it.
Make it like a french manicure, but instead of white tips, use black.
Please look for another color, black polish does look goth and very inappropriate if you have a job
im black %26amp; wear black NYC nail polish %26amp; i like how it looks =P
Of course you should try it!!





I you like it wear it!
i think buy itself no, you should put a design of some simple flower on it or stripes it would look nice if u added silver white or gold to it.
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of black nailpolish on anyone, regardless of their complexion. If you like dark colors, try a dark burgundy red, a navy blue, or a deep berry shade. These will be much prettier IMO.
well if you havent tried the black try it, but if you have and dont like it get a different color.
To wear dark colors and black in nails, cheeks and lips reminds of death. Black is good for Halloween, but never for another ocassion. And for dark women is a true horror to wear such colors. Not even purple or violet suits dark skins...Dark women lack light in their skin, that is why they must add it in clothes and makeup. Try medium to light colors of pink, orange, coral, and orange-red for nails, cheeks and lips. Make white your favorite clothes color. Read my other answers here to find more.
You can put black nail polish on you. A lot of colored girls in my school wear it and i personally think that it looks better because it looks more natural when its up against the dark skin.
Hello,





It all depends on how dark your skin is. If you are really dark you can not wear that color. This is what you should do. Take the bottle to a manicurist and have then do a manicure professionally. It should be very glossy with no streaks or chips. Professional manicures often look better than a home application. Good luck!
nope!
There is a trick to high fashion black nail polish - apply a high shine clear coat over the top and be sure to have a design on the thumbs (like a red or white daisy), then the high shine so the effect is like patent leather and not at all the dull goth type. Good Luck!
I don't think black nail polish is pretty ( on black lady or white lady).You bought it already.So use it . Made a flowers from other bright nail polishes by making dots.Black background and colored flowers on it. I 'll go with burgundy or gold tones or brights- depend on your outfits and lipstick and a season. summer- brights, fall- gold and browns, winter - red purple,and spring light fuchsia
To be honest I don't think black nail polish looks good on any people but you should try it and if you don't like it simply take it off...no biggy.
I seems to me that it would be a perfect natural color. My thought for you is this... you've tried it and didn't like it. Let it go and find something else that you do like. All that matters is what you like!
no
try it on, and if u dont lik eit take if off. thats wat i would do!
Black nail polish looks good on ANYONE no matter what their skin color is. It might actually look good on you but you are doubting yourself SO much that you see it as looking bad. I do that to myself ALL the time.
I cannot believe Melissa M said ';coloured girls';. wow. in 2007.


But black nail polish does not look good on anyone, ';coloured'; or not.
Black is the new red I currently am wearing it, I have friends with darker completions and they are wearing it. Just make sure your nails are neatly manicured and not long to avoid looking gothic.It willl look hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment