Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why don't parents like their kids to wear black clothes and black nail polish?

Even if they're trying or not trying to be gothic/industrial looking? It's just another style right?Why don't parents like their kids to wear black clothes and black nail polish?
I don't know, my mom doesn't care. She knows that's just who i am and I'm not going to change or follow any ';trend'; that people want me to. As long as its just appearance than i don't think it should matter as long as its for you and not anyone else its not her problem.





Good Luck!!Why don't parents like their kids to wear black clothes and black nail polish?
2 reasons, 1. it's wierd and people who wear black end up shooting up a school. and 2. In the real world, you won't be ale to get a real job if you look like that. Grow up and dress like a normal person.
i agree with you but to other people they only see your look and your parents see it as not normall and thanks to movies they just think the worst that you have become a goth and are going to get into bad stuff b/c that is all that people who are not into gothic stuff see ..... just be yourself even parents sometime take time to come too new styles.....
its outside of your parents mental range and there are a lot of stereotypes that go along with that style. You have the 'columbine kids' who dressed in all black. Now i know your not like that but your parents probably don't know that.
i don't know maybe they think black is a dark hole of nothing ness or something.wow that sounded stupid.but yea maybe it is just dark but i don't care i wear black clothes all the time.it doesnt matter to me.
because they think it looks grungy
well as long as ur not wearing all black it would be alright
Because it looks:


Trashy


Deathful


Hateful


Like you hate everybody


Low Self Esteem


and UGLY :)
cuz they're parents.
because they secretly want to wear black nail polish
I don't know... I think parents sometime see black as a color that reflects a negative lifestyle. Or maybe like an outcast, and most paretns don't want that for their child, so they don't particularly like their kids wearing all black. that's just my opinion though
your parents suck my mom loved it when i dressed like that Now that I'm a mom I wouldn't mind if my daughter dressed like that if that's how she wanted to be and if it went with her (cant have her looking dumb now) I think parents don't really like it cause what its tied to i.e devil worship, druggies, slackers.. but that just stereotype you need to show them that its just a style like preppy or gangsta or whatever...just don't be a poser
ask them.
because it looks a little trashy and not classy
Cos they think it reflects badly on them


xx
Maybe they just don't like black. Maybe because they think its a negative look on life or something. Who knows?
I think they feel black is evil and women or men who painted their nails black and wear black clothes are whores or gay at lease that's what my mom thought when I wore black in school but you should talk to your parents and tell them that you like the look and they shouldn't be worried.
My parents use to let me wear black all the time even i didnt a lot. They say ';its just color, doesnt have anything to do with evil or anything';


I think my parents are awsome!





But most parents dont like kids wearing black because it makes them too old, too grudgy, too dark. Since parents think of their kids as their own LITTLE kids, they think they should wear bright and perky colors, like pink and red or blue colors. Not black.


black makes them look too old. its okay to wear at a funeral and stuff but yeah..you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment