Thursday, February 11, 2010

What is it about black nail polish?

Every black nail polish that I have bought so far chips the next day or the day after.....Have any ideas for a fairly inexpensive black nail polsih that won't chip so fast?What is it about black nail polish?
maybe u can use the same polish u always use, and just put a coat or 2 of clear polish on top to make it last longer without getting chipped.





its not just black that chips, its any color that doesnt have a top coat on it to keep it looking fresh and chip-free longer. try it out. good luck.What is it about black nail polish?
My sister is really into the nails thing... And she said something about how black nail polish is made differently so like, if it's old, it gets super thick, whereas other nail polishes become runny. I think that may have something to do with it.





You could also try a base coat before you put the black on, that's supposed to help it stay on and it makes it so that the black won't stain your nails.
I am pretty sure that black nail polish chips either because of the brand,which you might be having trouble with, or because of the pigment. I am pretty sure it is the pigment becuase I sport black colored nail polish too. I don't think all nail polish lasts forever though, so my advice is to put some Sally Hanson Clear coat on top and rock it while it looks hot!
I really like Rimmel's nail polish. I find that they work great and are extremely inexpensive. They have two different black polishes, Black Ink and Black Out. Both are great. Black Out is part of the fast drying collection and just came out. One other quick tip I would give you to help slow down the chipping is to apply light layer of polish. If you goop it on, it will chip a lot more quickly.
I use NYC Black Nail Polish.


It doesn't chip as much as other nail polishes.


I just painted mine about 2 days ago.


And they still havent chipped.


They last about 2 weeks without chipping.


The smell isn't that bad. And it's a Nice Jet Black color.


You can purchase this in Drug Stores or at Wal-Mart.





http://well.ca/images/large/products/nyc鈥?/a>





Good luck.
i have no idea... i use Sally Hanson nail polish. all except 'hard as nails extreme wear' stay on. but, i spend ALOT of time with my hands in water, so i kinda gave up on nailpolish and just use a black sharpie with a clear coat ontop... sounds stupid, i know... but it works! :P





and with acetone-based nail polish remover sharpie DOES come off! :)
I use NYC.... the color is great, and it doesn't chip. Just apply 2 coats(make sure to let each coat dry before putting the next coat on! Then add a topcoat.


And if you wan the black color for a while, apply another coat every 2-3 weeks.
I have that same problem, but coating the paint more than twice usually works for me.
Sally Hansen?
I have the same problem, don't use stargazer....
Miss Sporty
use 2 coats of the black and use a clear top coat on it

No comments:

Post a Comment