Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does black nail polish represent something bad?

My daughter keeps asking me for black nail polish, but i dont get it i mean its so ugly! Does it represent something? Or is it just one of those styles we will never understand?Does black nail polish represent something bad?
Figures the kids cannot explain it.





The whole idea of black nail polish and lipstick came about as a way to rebel against the bright colors of makeup traditionally worn. It was ugly on purpose because it was a way of rebelling against using makeup to make oneself pretty. It became part of several styles including punk and goth.





As with so many other harmless but annoying things your child will choose to do on her way to finding herself, ignore it.Does black nail polish represent something bad?
It's just goth or emo. It's a phase many adolescents go through, where they rebel against social norms.





No big deal, especially if it's just nail polish. Ride it out.
it was like a year ago but now its alright





a whole bunch of people wear it even celebrities and its like the new great nailpolish color





I wear it
its one of those styles we will never understand. wearing it dosen't make you a bad person or it dosen't mean anything. its just a style. there is no harm in wearing black nail polish.
no alot of different people wear it


i love bright colors so i pant my nails black


with bright flowers...but just black polish is nothing bad


punk,prep,sportie all kind of girls wear that color
It's just in style right now. It means absolutely nothing. If you do decide to get it for her, be sure to get a higher quality brand like Opi. The cheaper ones won't look dark black like she wants.
Just mean she has bad taste...and yes, it's a style we will never understand... No really, my daughter 15, wears black alot nail polish alot, she has for about 3 years. She's an A student and doesn't get into trouble. You don't say how old she is..
Just a style, nothing wrong with it, she is just trying to express herself.
its a style nd they have really cute ones at claires. its black with lyk dark green in it.
Its just a phase, I promise. She is probably a lil into goth, but thats OK. She is not worshipping the devil or cutting herself, or getting into witch craft, I PROMISE.





When I was in hs I loved dressing goth and that included black nail polish and lipstick. My mom hated it and she called me a satan worshiper all the time and was embarressed beyond belief when I went to church like that.





Ulitmatly for me it was just a phase. And that phase lasted longer because of how much my mom prtested it.





There will be people who will do the same to you and your daughter, but its just a teenage phase in exploring her own style
it doesnt really mean anything.


its just a style.


if shes into the whole '; punk '; look and what not.


ask her about it.
I think wearing black nail polish is fun it doesn't mean anything to me I just like the way it looks especially with certain outfits I wear. I'm not into the whole punk,goth,or emo thing I just like wearing it so don't worry about it just talk to her and find out her reason for wanting to wear it.
I don't know if it does to your daughter or with other people.


With me I like black nail polish because I just like the color black in general.


Most of my attire/shoes are black.


It's just a simple color to me just like white is.
styles i were it all the time nothing bad there unless it is your whole style like goth!!
I wear black nailpolish and im not all gothic or anything. It seems to be in style right now. I would let her.
Don't think it means anything bad.....I wear it often actually, got a couple of black and white outfits and it looks really good with them!!! And No, I'm not punk, or goth or anything... Don't think it's a big deal!
Its just a color..let her do it. Once she realizes it stains her fingernails she wont want to do it anymore..
It's just a look and doesn't represent anything bad at all. I still wear it and wore it all throughout high school. It's just personal style preference.
Hmm well its just black... i dont think it means anything bad
it doesnt represent something bad unless she matches her clothes and attitude to go with it- goth. i went through that faze when i was in 9th grade- its just a faze im sure- nothing to be worried about. yeah its ugly, but she will learn that with time and will get over it.
i wear it..


i'm not a punk/goth/emo/greb/scene


i'm not unhappy/depressed/low


I just wear it for the hell of it =]


you wouldnt start worrying if ya kid wore a black top..or black jeans..( well i hope you wouldnt!)


and if you think its ugly..so what..your daughter likes it =]
The color black represents power and sophistication. Formal wear such as blacktie events are standard in the adult world. Your daughter is simply trying to act grown-up. A black nail polish such as ';Eclipse'; from Kolibre Cosmetics premier color collection tipped with white ';Marshmallow Creme'; would provide a beautiful finished nail that is both classy and sophisticated.
  • myspace generators
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment